Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sapa

























































This is the town of Sapa. The girl to the left and her baby became my friends. I would have loved to take them back with me!!! This people live in a village in the mountains. The women come down to the market to sell the things they have made. I wanted to stay just so I could clean these people up. I wanted to line them up and clean their feet and the babies faces!!!! But this is what they are use to. We bought a purse a wallet some earrings a blanket, a hat for grey...so they gave us some bracelets they made. A little girl about 5 years old was walking on the side of me with a 6 month old baby strapped to her back. She wanted me to buy stuff from her. I had an American dollar in my purse and gave it to her. Her face lit up and she was so grateful and so excited that she ran off! So I definitely did my good deed of the day!!!!! The girl in the picture with Natalie was our tour guide. She was from a bigger village and learned English from her younger sister. Most children only go to school until the age of 9 (if that) then they have to go away for the next years and it is too expensive.








0 comments: