Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our new friends in Vietnam




These are our Vietnamese friends that help life much easier over here. Hanh (the lady) is the one that cleans, cooks, watches the kids when needed and does so much more than expected. She does not know english but it is amazing how well we can communicate. The kids..well me included...enjoy her freshly squeezed orange juice and everything else that she makes! She would always have these star fruits cut up for me and I had no idea where they were coming from until she showed me that I have a fruit tree in my yard. Abby REALLY likes having her around because she feeds her things that she is not use to getting. (surprised she is still eating her dog food) She is 50 years old and is married and has a few children. She goes home on Sunday mornings and returns on Monday morning. The next guy is our driver Hao. He has lived here his whole life so he knows every street and what they sell on every street! He is married and has a 5 year old daughter. SO we have been passing things on from Natalie and she loves everything we give her. He has introduced us to several new fruits! He speaks very good english. We have to talk a little slower so he understands what we are saying...He lets me know when he has no idea what I am talking about! We have a picture book that has english words and vietnamese words! The last guy is Nam. He is the gardener and the pool man. He does a very fine job! We have some really wonderful plants and trees all around the house. And I think we have the cleanest pool in Vietnam! rain or shine and he is scrubbing away. He can write english better than he speaks it. We have been really blessed to have such wonderful people working for us!

0 comments: